The County Department of Mental Health offers a full range of services designed to meet the needs of area residents. This state-licensed clinic offers comprehensive programs representing a broad range of disciplines including psychiatry, psychology, nursing and social work. Counseling and crisis intervention can be accessed 24 hours a day, seven days a week through the Regional Action Phone Line (RAP). Their number is (800) 889-1903. The emergency services staff respond to hundreds of calls per year.
Programs offered include:
- Individual, family or group counseling
- Case management to assist with obtaining housing, or legal aid for example
- Medication monitoring and evaluations
- Outreach and education on topics related to mental health
- Day Program for people requiring assistance with daily living skills
- Crisis intervention, court evaluations and consultations
- Psychosocial Club providing recreation opportunities for people who have serious and pervasive mental disorders
People come to the clinic with any number of concerns. Some come seeking supportive services when they experience a setback in their lives, such as the death of a loved one. Others may need medication to manage anxiety or depression. Most services are covered by insurance or Medicaid. All services provided are confidential. The clinic is open Monday through Friday with extended evening hours Tuesday through Thursday. Appointments are also available on Saturday mornings.
Every year approximately 10 million adults experience symptoms that lead them to seek mental health treatment. If you, or someone you know is having difficulties, we urge you to seek help by contacting (585) 589-7066. Our professionally licensed staff is here to assist you.
James Graziano, Director
10414 Route 31 West
Albion, New York 14411
Phone: (585) 589-3260 extension 3292
Fax: (585) 589-6395